In Andalusia you can travel in complete safety, as you have free international travel insurance with Covid-19 coverage
Andalusia makes available to all non-resident international travelers a free insurance with Covid-19 coverage for stays in any type of regulated establishment in Andalusia between January 1 and December 31, 2021.
Coverage that includes
Coverages and assumptions covered in case of contracting Covid-19.
Medical, surgical and hospitalization gases:
The following will be covered by the insurer (**):
- Medical and surgical expenses and fees
- Pharmaceutical expenses related to convalescence from COVID.
- Hospitalization expenses.
- Figures covered by the insurance: Sick person and companions. As sick we understand the person diagnosed with COVID-19. As a companion, this consideration will be given to the insured’s family member, spouse or partner who lives with him, as well as the ascendants (parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren) of both members of the couple. As quarantine, we understand the isolation of people for a time as a method of avoiding or limiting the risk of spreading a disease.
Medical expenses for transportation and repatriation:
The following will be covered by the insurer:
- The costs of ambulance or transportation of the patient from the place of first diagnosis to the hospital center prescribed by the doctor in charge.
- Return expenses to the place of vacation from the hospital where it has been treated.
- Repatriation by medical plane if the urgency or the seriousness of the case requires it (only for Europe and Mediterranean coastal countries). For passengers with another origin, a regular medicalized line will be used.
Transportation or repatriation
In the event of transfer or repatriation of a patient due to COVID-19, their insured companions will also be covered by this insurance, which will assume their transfer or repatriation, either to their usual residence, or to a place where the patient will be hospitalized for repatriation. The rights of the insured’s return tickets will be exercised by the insurer.
In the event that the insured were minors or disabled, without a trusted person, a person will be made available to them who will assume responsibility for the accompaniment to the place of residence or hospitalization of the patient.
Transportation or repatriation of the deceased by Covid-19:
- The necessary procedures to be carried out at the place of death of the client are covered.
- The costs of transporting the companions to the place of burial are covered, leaving the rights of the return tickets subrogated to the insurer.
- In the event that the insured were minors or disabled, without a trusted person, a person will be made available to them who will assume responsibility for the accompaniment to the place of residence or hospitalization of the patient.
Extension of stay costs:
At the hotel of the insured and the companions (quarantine included)
The insured’s stay in a hotel will be guaranteed after hospitalization or under medical quarantine prescription.
* Coverage without age limit, excluding any circumstance known to the insured prior to the trip.
** A maximum cost and an excess will be applied, which are detailed in the insurance documentation (below).
*** It is not necessary to take out insurance, if you meet all the requirements, you are automatically covered.